Is 59:19

So shall they fear the name of the LORD from the west, and his glory from the rising of the sun. When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the LORD shall lift up a standard against him. [or, shall put him to flight]

Sunday, November 4, 2007

direction

I know, it has been forever since I made a post.

I had a bacterial thingy--a nasty thingy-- that made my body and mind struggle for breath. Really. Even my lungs. But let us be praising God for antibiotics! He is so good. There are so many people in the world without access to these wonders, these drugs. We in America ought to be counting our blessings.

So suddenly it is November, and my thoughts are turning toward Thanksgiving and Christmas, toward holidays and home. It has been a long time since I spent my fall at home, not caught up in a whirlwind of school activity. The silence has been good for me.

Yet it has not always been silent. I must remember that even when my life slips away from beneath me in spite of all my planning, Jesus is still at the helm. I have plenty of work yet to do. My job is to do it faithfully, while remembering that Jesus is the one who truly does the work.

That is the danger of direction. So I am called to Africa. So what do I do with that calling? I can't ignore it--God is too big. I could try to accomplish it myself--I am too little. Only I can follow God, seek Him, love Him.

And really, I don't want to spend a minute of my life not basking in His love, His presence. Yet, shamefully, I seem to spend almost every minute in forgetfulness, in the spell of "busy," ignoring the joyful, bountiful, delight of Jesus Himself.

Forgive me Jesus-King.

1 comment:

Sharon Oestman said...

So you have found out where you need to go on a mission trip to africa?
What part of Africa? How is everything going toget you there.
Hopefully we will try & see you soon.
I would love to talk in person
Sharon