Is 59:19

So shall they fear the name of the LORD from the west, and his glory from the rising of the sun. When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the LORD shall lift up a standard against him. [or, shall put him to flight]

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Praying and Waiting

Praying and waiting.

I hear missionaries do these two things a lot. I'm good with the praying. There always seems to be plenty to talk about with my King-Papa. But I am not very good at the waiting.

It seems like it's been ages since I applied for work with the IMB, and even longer since I felt the call of God and began to try my hand at obeying. Sometimes it is hard to know what to do while I wait. Sometimes it is difficult to keep a clear focus.

It is Christmas time already. Jesus is the reason for everything. I'm so glad he was born. I'm so glad that instead of loving us through some far-off spiritual means of salvation He showed us true Love by sharing in our human experience. He felt pain, beauty, art, grief, attraction, joy, affection, fatigue, sickness, friendship, frustration, misunderstanding, betrayal. Jesus knew exactly how to wait. "The things concerning me have an end."

milliejo

No comments: