Is 59:19

So shall they fear the name of the LORD from the west, and his glory from the rising of the sun. When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the LORD shall lift up a standard against him. [or, shall put him to flight]

Monday, April 5, 2010

Motly thoughts

I believe this is what I do when I am thoroughly sick of schoolwork. Blog.

So in lieu of sharing something powerful or passionate or inspiring I'm giving y'all a list.

1. In case you were wondering, the contraction "ain't" is perfectly useful for saying "have not," "will not," and three other contractions. Unfortunately overly bossy grammarians have denied it a place in formal writing. Ain't ain't a word is actually a lie: "Ain't" IS a word.

2. Shakespeare was overly interested in ambiguity and double meanings, along with syphilis and every kind of bawdy humor...somehow this has earned him unending fame.

3. In Spanish, the pronouns for direct and indirect objects come before the verb.

4. I am the only one who has enough of nothing to lose to get into a relationship on facebook just for April Fools Day.

5. I am no longer enrolled in summer classes.

6. Becca is going to be in Kentucky soon.

7. I love looking at the stars/heavens because this is the only physical representation of God's infinite nature I can begin to comprehend.

8. I miss my dead golden retriever, Sandy.

9. I am going to plant Chamomile early this spring, so maybe it will actually have time to bloom...TEA!!!

10. My brother is the best boy I've ever met.

I hope you enjoyed this snapshot of my mind tonight. On to more plodding forward. School ends in three weeks. FREEDOM!!!

It is for freedom that Christ has set us free; stand firm, therefore, and do not submit again to a yolk of slavery. ~Gal 5:1

No comments: