Is 59:19

So shall they fear the name of the LORD from the west, and his glory from the rising of the sun. When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the LORD shall lift up a standard against him. [or, shall put him to flight]

Sunday, March 2, 2008

Someone Turned Down the Thermostat

When I look outside it feels like today should be Christmas, not March! The wind is blowing, and the snow is drifting, sifting down and around and over, under and up. If there were more snow, it would be a blizzard. I am glad it is not.

I suppose it is really not that cold outside. It is probably only cold enough to keep the snow from melting. But yesterday was summer, and the contrast makes it very cold indeed.

Yesterday Rissa, Sully, Mo and I "took our wheels" to the courthouse and the big parking lot behind the city hall. That is what we do in the summer. Wearing shorts and tees, we enjoy the two single places in our town that a good "city" side-walk can be found. Yesterday I rollerbladed, Sully rode his bike, and Rissa used Mo's scooter. We had much fun, and got sweaty, too.

Today, someone turned down the thermostat. And I had almost convinced myself it was time to plant our garden.

No comments: