Is 59:19

So shall they fear the name of the LORD from the west, and his glory from the rising of the sun. When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the LORD shall lift up a standard against him. [or, shall put him to flight]

Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Pretending

My sister who is seven and I were pretending.

She has 45 kids. And there is a very interesting twist. Her oldest child is 37 and I, her older sister, am only 31 (in the game of course. I'm not really that old!).

Suddenly she mentioned that she has 30 kids.

me: "What? Where did the other 15 go?"
her: "They just went out with baby Carrie --she's only three-- and I told them to be home for supper, but they are not."
me: "Why, aren't you worried??"
her: (suddenly realizing she should be worried, and assuming the proper facial expression) "Oh, yes I can't even sleep at night. And I have 45 bedrooms."
me: "have you called the cops?"
her: "Oh, yes. But they've looked everywhere and can't find them."
me: "Well what about your husband, is he looking for them?"
her: "I hadn't thought of that!"

I guess her kids were finally found in the grocery store.

Oh the wonderful world of pretend...even if one doesn't have a solid concept of numeric values.

No comments: