Is 59:19

So shall they fear the name of the LORD from the west, and his glory from the rising of the sun. When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the LORD shall lift up a standard against him. [or, shall put him to flight]

Friday, February 8, 2008

To Die is Gain

"For I know that this shall turn to my salvation through your prayer, and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ, according to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death. For me to live is Christ, and to die is gain." Philippians 1:19-21

These verses have been especially meaningful in my life of late. I wanted to share them with you. I love how Paul hints at the inner workings of the spiritual life, how the prayer of others is linked to his salvation (from what? his circumstances?) and also to the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ, and his hope, because he hopes in belief. Does he want personal comfort? Does he desire a reputation? Admiration? NO. Only that "Christ shall be magnified," by life or death. Only Christ, and "to die is gain."

MillieJo

No comments: