Is 59:19

So shall they fear the name of the LORD from the west, and his glory from the rising of the sun. When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the LORD shall lift up a standard against him. [or, shall put him to flight]

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Camp Guamiski, Friday!

Sooo...

I am packing for Guatemala.

We will be there nine days. We'll stay in the city the first night, and then go on up to camp in the mountains, have our leadership meetings, and WHOOOO!!!! Camp starts Monday!

I can't wait. My first flight. WOW.

And then there are the kids. Half of them are homeschooled (like I was--not always easy, but good), all of them are living in a culture that doesn't even speak their native language. From the city to the jungles of the Peten, they are faced with real peril on a daily basis. They are heroes. I am praying God will give us wisdom and the ability to minister to them. I am praying He will do a mighty work in their hearts this week. I am praying for some very special worship. I am praying the rain will quit!

After camp (which I can tell is going to be AWESOME) we'll have a fun shopping day and eat at a nice restaurant before we head home next Sunday!

Why is God so good to me?

No comments: