Is 59:19

So shall they fear the name of the LORD from the west, and his glory from the rising of the sun. When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the LORD shall lift up a standard against him. [or, shall put him to flight]

Sunday, June 8, 2008

perspective

Sometimes in this town I feel like Lightening McQueen felt when he first encountered Radiator Springs. Well, maybe not completely like that, because I've always lived here, but perhaps a little...isolated.

It's funny, though, how much your attitude matters. If you open your eyes, there is so much beauty and peace to be found in the boonies.

Like today. I went out, riding my bike but walking too, just to get away and pray. The sky is so blue here, the clouds are clear and defined, the air clean. The town is practically deserted, and as I rode down the middle of the silent streets it occurred to me that I could never do that in the city. As I swung on my favorite park swing, I realized that only here, in my town, could I have this sort of solitude in public.

And then at the other park, I found a wonder. A tiny life, a killdeer, fluttered at my feet. It's wings were so intricate, it's claws perfectly formed and sharp, it's beak characteristically curved. I couldn't get pictures of the first one, but it's "nest" mate held still for me, even letting me pick it up and spread it's wing for a photo. Killdeer are interesting birds, making their nests on the ground. I just happened to stumble upon one. They are so well camouflaged that I probably couldn't find it again.

Being isolated isn't so bad.

And I'm not so isolated. Tonight we are going to see a movie in a town about 35 min. away.
Girl fun!

No comments: