Is 59:19

So shall they fear the name of the LORD from the west, and his glory from the rising of the sun. When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the LORD shall lift up a standard against him. [or, shall put him to flight]

Friday, March 13, 2009

Moon Prayer

Why do I forget
the wind is tossing
forget you are here
the moon glows tonight very clearly: you can see the face in it, and the clouds are orange beside it, cotton candy orange
for some reason
the sunset is like a painting, with living colors behind the silhouettes, colors always changing, so vibrant
I look at my life
depressed, as if you left me
behind.
the silence embraces me with clean passion
as if my plans are what I need
and they don't matter to you
the passion is sinking into me, as stars come, now faintly, now brighter against the deep blue of the sky
but then I
let go

the night wind is getting colder and clouds begin to creep in from the south
I confess my sins
the clouds are making shadows in front of the moon, a beauty so subtle, so wild
And looking around me
I hear the hoot of an owl, the smallest noises piercing the silence, life
I let you love me.

2 comments:

Jenna said...

You're talented. I really do mean that. I suppse, when the words come from the heart where the Holy Spirt dwells, it has to be beautiful.

Heather said...

I mean this to be a compliment: I almost can't believe you wrote this it is so good! Whoever writes poems like this should be some famous author or lofty artist.
Fantastic Millie! Really.