Is 59:19

So shall they fear the name of the LORD from the west, and his glory from the rising of the sun. When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the LORD shall lift up a standard against him. [or, shall put him to flight]

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Tea Update!

I said I'd share my impressions on the teas, and here I am! This is what I bought, the package description, and my own personal impressions.

China Keemun. The burgundy of teas from the Anhui province in China. Full bodied with a light, toasty taste. I tried this tea first, and to my chagrin, although not to my surprise, I didn't like the "toasty taste." Other than that it had a pleasant, I thought light, flavor. Maybe the toastiness grows on you, I don't know. My friend thought it reminded her of smoked salmon. Yech.

Kopili Assam. Bold but very drinkable, this unique Assam is bursting with rich, round flavor. In a class by itself, this tea is very appealing. I liked this tea. It was...dark. In a way it was almost bitter, but it made me think of a heavy tea that would be awesome with chocolate. I'll definitely be drinking this one! Probably in the morning, as a strong wake up.

Kenilworth Ceylon Estate. From on of the most famous tea gardens in Sri Lanka. Long attractive leaves equisite flavor subtle body. Excellent afternoon tea. I really, really liked this tea. It wasn't as dark as the Assam, had no aftertaste like the Keemun, and was almost sweet, with a kinda flowery flavor. I'll drink this one up too!

Black Needle Yunnan. This classic tea has large, wiry, open twisted buds of gloriously tippy tea. It's delicious and full-bodied, with a classic, clean and brisk Yunnan character. I haven't tried this tea yet.

Black Pearl. Tiny pearls of hand-rolled black tea produce a brew with a pleasing aroma and a delicate sweetness. Start with 5-6 pearls per cup. From the Yunnan province in China. I haven't tried this tea yet either, but I'm guessing it will be similar to the Black Needle Yunnan because they come from the same province. I look forward to finding how I like them!

I hope you've enjoyed this taste test with me! If anyone wants to try one of these in person come on over and we'll have a pot of tea together and chat. Tea is the best kind of social drinking! :)

No comments: