Is 59:19

So shall they fear the name of the LORD from the west, and his glory from the rising of the sun. When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the LORD shall lift up a standard against him. [or, shall put him to flight]

Friday, May 8, 2009

1 1/4 inches???!!!

My parents have a special wall in our kitchen. It's covered with names and dates, lines telling how tall we were and are, the story of our growing.

I was surprised today, by that wall. My dad was measuring my 5 year old brother. He grew about 1 1/2 inches since last September. So I asked him to measure me, knowing that I am done growing, and would be exactly as tall as the last mark, which was in January of '07.

I grew 1 1/4 inches! I couldn't believe that I would grow between my 23rd and 25th years. I hadn't grown taller in several years before that.

But maybe it is a symbol. I had a huge spiritual growth spurt during that time period. Maybe my King just wanted to give me a physical reminder that He cares about my growing.

Who knew I'd grow 1 1/4 inches taller while I was growing closer to my King! Thank you Jesus, for caring about all of my life :) I love You!

No comments: