Is 59:19

So shall they fear the name of the LORD from the west, and his glory from the rising of the sun. When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the LORD shall lift up a standard against him. [or, shall put him to flight]

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Hmm...summer's finally on it's way??

Did you know that it is uniquely difficult to find worthwhile subject matter for this blog? Maybe I just don't find much of interest to share from my life these days. Or maybe I'm too busy living it to take the time to share it! For example, in the past two weeks I've lived:

One ninth birthday...complete with special breakfast, dinner, presents, and "cake." (it was brownies).

Two days of gardening...planting potted herbs in my particular spot, tilling and raking the larger vegetable garden, testing the soil, adding compost (mmm!) and beginning to plant the veggies.

One beautifully restful Sunday complete with Pride and Prejudice...the book.

Four days of preparing and enjoying the company of my sisters Cher and Rach, including another Birthday celebration and all that it entails.

Three days on the road searching for a prom dress.

One sister's first prom.

And today? Marissa and Sully have been wearing the goggles they got for her birthday and dunking their heads in a bucket of water (ya, my idea). Then they run to the swings saying "we did it, we did it," in a singsong voice, and repeat. And repeat. And repeat. Hey, they're having fun!

Hope you are also having some summer fun.
I dread the busy life I will have soon.

1 comment:

Jenna said...

Ahhhh, the busy life. Yuck. Thankyou for the letter! It blessed me, really. I actually have time to call you right now b/c I'm spending the night at a hotel in a room in Indiana. BUT I DON"T HAVE RECEPTION!!!