Is 59:19

So shall they fear the name of the LORD from the west, and his glory from the rising of the sun. When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the LORD shall lift up a standard against him. [or, shall put him to flight]

Saturday, May 30, 2009

My first rosebud is opening!

How I love a do-nothing Saturday. I've been so cynical lately, annoyed with my self and with others, annoyed with the world and humanity, annoyed with failure, annoyed that I am not God. But there is something about a do-nothing Saturday that is healing, I think. Maybe some of the cynicism will wash away. Maybe Someone can change my attitude.

So this is a good do-nothing day. I did nothing while I weeded the garden, and I did nothing while I checked on my herbs, just to see that they are looking healthy. I did nothing visiting Grandpa, too, and walking to the post office for the mail. Nothing while I hung freshly washed sheets and towels on the line, and nothing as I helped rescue a soaked cat from the swimming pool. I love doing nothing as the warm sun touches my skin, nothing as I caress the first of my red roses opening. Nothing as I ate ice cream, and drank limeade. Nothing at all.

I love a do-nothing Saturday. Maybe I will finish that amazing story I got partway through when I had to quit reading last night because I was so tired. It was about David, when Absolom tried to take the kingdom, and right before I stopped reading, there he was, climbing the Mount of Olives, barefoot and with his head covered, and weeping. Weeping and weeping, the King and the people with him. I should find out what happens to him. Hmm...I think it was in 1 Samuel...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Millie Jo! Thanks for the add on your "following" list.

And I agree- do nothing days can be some of the best!

Blessings as you serve Jesus,
Jenny