Is 59:19

So shall they fear the name of the LORD from the west, and his glory from the rising of the sun. When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the LORD shall lift up a standard against him. [or, shall put him to flight]

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

The Scoop

Hello my peoples! I hope you had a wonderful week. Things are settling down for me and I am ready to share with you God's work in my life.

I've had some large changes in my plans in the last week and a half. It is so wonderful!

I quit school.

Yes, and I feel the will of God drawing me into missions overseas.

And I am so excited!

It was an intense weekend. I felt the presence of God in an indescribable way. It was one of those times where you know God has touched your spirit and you are changed, one of those times that you look to in memory for encouragement when life becomes a true exercise of faith and it is not so easy to see him. For truly, I saw God (though I didn't see Him); felt His pleasure (though not with human senses or emotions); and knew God's mind for me, however limited my knowledge. It was worth a million human delights. A google of them.

So now I am home for a period of time: I am in a stage of preparation. I am spending time in the Word, with my family, and pursuing avenues for missions work. I am getting a passport and looking for the right organization. I am waiting on God and praising Him. It may be awhile before anything measurable happens toward realizing my (God's!) dreams. That's OK.

I am so thankful for my family, my home, and a chance to live here once more.

And I am also very thankful for my Jesus, My King, and the precious ways He deals with me. For His laughter and His spontaneity, His love.

Jesus, YOU SO FLY!

2 comments:

Meg said...

WOW! What an adventure. I have a friend who works with YFC in Colorado while she goes to seminary. Maybe she can help? Check out her blog at rebeccaromaneski.blogspot.com. She is a cool girl, and I know your adventure would be exciting to her as well as she also has a real heart for missions. This is so cool. I am excited for you. Meg

Anonymous said...

Awesome!!!! I am so glad for you! Overseas missions will be awesome for you as you have such an enormous heart! What a way to see God move!!! My heart and prayers are with you!!

All my love!!