Is 59:19

So shall they fear the name of the LORD from the west, and his glory from the rising of the sun. When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the LORD shall lift up a standard against him. [or, shall put him to flight]

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Scripture

How does God talk to us?

1Long ago, at many times and in many ways, God spoke to our fathers by the prophets,2but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed the heir of all things, through whom also he created the world.3He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature, and he upholds the universe by the word of his power.

Heb. 1:1-3

God calls Jesus the "Word" in the first chapter of John. I think it is so cool to see the relationship between Jesus as a person, and His revelation of Himself through the scriptures! I know that God's word will be there for me to show me wisdom and knowledge for everything I face. That's why I decided it's been far to long since I spent time memorizing the Bible.

I memorized scriptures through AWANAs and Bible Drill as a kid, but I need to be hiding God's word in my heart Now.

My Mom used a topical system she liked when she was in college. I decided to use the same system, because the topics help you keep the verses somewhere in your mind that you can get to them when you need them. You can use the same system if you want. It is found at this website, and you are able to buy verse cards from the Navigators as well. Check it out!

http://www.navigators.org/us/resources/illustrations/items/Topical%20Memory%20System

Enjoy!

Millie Jo

No comments: