Is 59:19

So shall they fear the name of the LORD from the west, and his glory from the rising of the sun. When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the LORD shall lift up a standard against him. [or, shall put him to flight]

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Giving Something Back

Today I was up early. I was serving as a hostess for CHEC conference workshops. This means that I was responsible for taking care of a workshop room, making sure attendees follow fire code, and assisting and introducing the speaker.

I've never volunteered for CHEC before. After all the years of receiving the ministry of CHEC, it was nice to be able to give something back.

Maybe you are wondering what CHEC is. It stands for Christian Home Educators of Colorado and is an organization that ministers to home educators and Christian parents in general. Every year they put on a conference. Every year people are blessed through CHEC and CHEC's people.

Tonight, after a long day, we all went out to eat. This is an adventure for my family. It is an adventure for any family with a three year old boy! It was fun. Now we get to sleep. Long awaited delightful sleep.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Have you been able to hear any speakers? I'm assuming that your family home schools? So does ours. What a blessing it has been for our family - and I hope for yours, too.