Is 59:19

So shall they fear the name of the LORD from the west, and his glory from the rising of the sun. When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the LORD shall lift up a standard against him. [or, shall put him to flight]

Friday, July 20, 2007

My Home Is Beautiful

My family is awesome. We joke around together. We join in, leaving no one out. We laugh our heads off. Last night we went for a walk together, all eight of us.

It is almost like old times. Like when the four of us big girls were all still at home, when we were finishing high school and being together. Only this is more full, more complete. We have Marissa and Sully now, and they bring us constant amusement and joy. And Mom and Dad are still the same, precious, wise parents as of old, but now we have conversations that are deeper, maybe, more meaningful, more grown-up.

My Mom and Dad are so much fun. They know how to laugh and be silly, to make the best of hard things, to show me the right way when I'm confused.

I am so very happy that I came home this summer. This summer, our family has been complete. I hate to leave it. I hate to leave my mother with all the kitchen work. I hate to leave the garden before the harvest is finished. But I guess that's growing up. We can't be home forever. We wouldn't want it.

And I do want to keep going to school, to follow my dreams, to follow God's dreams for me. My life is beautiful.

Perhaps because my home is beautiful.

No comments: