Is 59:19

So shall they fear the name of the LORD from the west, and his glory from the rising of the sun. When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the LORD shall lift up a standard against him. [or, shall put him to flight]

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

What I Dig About Jesus

Is this a game? I was tagged by Kathy at Sumballo. So here I go.

What do I dig about Jesus?

His love for me. I am continually awed by Jesus' love for me. I'm filthy, trashy, and I choose to do what he hates: sin. But because of Who He Is Jesus loved me so much He died in my place. And on top of that, He actually wants a relationship with me! Now there's a Person worth praising.

His focus on action. I've been reading the gospel of Mark. I love how it shows what Jesus did, not just what He said. He didn't just talk the talk, He walked the walk. He proved His love.

The reality of His affection. Jesus' affection for me is more than dis-interested action. He felt everything I feel, was truly human...was attracted to girls (yet lived in purity), was hungry, was sad, cried. His love for me is feeling as well.

His Kingship. I love the comfort of having a Savior Who is the King. Nothing can hurt me because the most powerful Person of all eternity is standing for me. Who could not love such a One? Our love becomes worship, to last all eternity. And worship is the most meaningful thing in my life.

So there you have it. I love so many things about Jesus...this is certainly not a complete list, and in no particular order.

I can't wait to see His face. To worship without the hindrance of sin and of flesh. To be whole.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Thanks for posting! I'm glad to read your list. Great insights. God bless your summer!