Is 59:19

So shall they fear the name of the LORD from the west, and his glory from the rising of the sun. When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the LORD shall lift up a standard against him. [or, shall put him to flight]

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Failure

Sometimes no matter how hard I try, I cannot win. Sometimes I can only fail. What a surprise. I am human. Do I fail? Boy do I ever.

I can't win. I don't make the grade. I'm not good enough.

But it is when I realize that I am not good enough that I look to my Heavenly Father. When I am a failure, He shows Himself strong and proves to everyone watching that the good in me is His, not mine.

I am so dense that I forget this quickly, and God allows me to fail again so that I will remember where my true strength lies. But I thank Him for reminding me. I want to be less that He may be more. For in reality, I am nothing.

Because of this, I praise Him for failure. Yes, my failure. My frequent, absolute, undeniable, right-there-in-red-ink failure.

I identify with Paul:

"So to keep me from being too elated by the surpassing greatness of the revelations, a thorn was given me in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to harass me, to keep me from being too elated.

Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it should leave me.

But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong. "

2 Cor 12:7-10

And I am thankful for the promise that God will keep me together:

"It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.” Deut. 31:8

I'm not sorry I fail.