Is 59:19

So shall they fear the name of the LORD from the west, and his glory from the rising of the sun. When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the LORD shall lift up a standard against him. [or, shall put him to flight]

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Projects

What is it, this continual flow of ideas, this constant urge to be making something? In school, I pour this inner drive to create into my journal. I record happenings, details, feelings, and thoughts. Somehow, my life itself seems to be a fulfillment of the urge to make. When I am too busy to knit, my journal satiates that desire.

But I am not in school now. I am home. And my needles are calling me.

What to make first? I am in the middle of a sweater for Amanda. One boring sleeve to finish and another bor-r-ring sleeve to do from the beginning. Do I try to finish it before I begin something new? Or do I follow my imaginations for the next thing?

And what to knit next? I've been leaning towards two things. Gloves, which I have never made a complete attempt at before: probably knitted out of some of my old stash of spinning...and OH. A huge project. A sweater for myself (when was the last time I made something for me?) which I would design. I find a thrill in the uncharted waters, and designing has become an interest I am eager to pursue. I would love to make this sweater out of something I spun as well, but I don't have the raw materials, and before I can get started I need to work the planning details out anyway.

Or do I reach for a hook and thread? It would take so little time to crochet some lace. Or to tat it...

Oh the options and the delights of deciding. Deciding is half the fun.

3 comments:

Brokenknife's Wife said...

What a choice to make!!!!

Some of your other things on your blog are a little hard to see....just in case in matters

Rachel Ann said...

You are one interesting little girl! I do love the way you word things...usually. There are occasions it drives me absolutely crazy, however.
You should write a poem on knitting. Lol. it'd be cool.

Anonymous said...

Hey Millie - nice job on the blog! I've often looked at the "harvest potential" after spending a good hour brushing the dogs. Ever think about spinning some dog hair into yarn?