Is 59:19

So shall they fear the name of the LORD from the west, and his glory from the rising of the sun. When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the LORD shall lift up a standard against him. [or, shall put him to flight]

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

All Hours of the Night

Anyone who knows me much could probably tell you I'm not exactly a night person. OK, so I stay up late sometimes, but only when I feel like it, and when I want to go to bed not much will stop me.

Yeah. So can you imagine me working on my room 'till midnight or one and not getting to bed 'till one or two? I've been doing that! I've been organizing and de-junking, and rearranging furniture. I've been throwing bags and bags of stuff away (Ok maybe that's exaggerating a little). And I've been listening to tobyMac, trying to keep my energy up for just a few more objects...

I can't wait till I'm finished with this project. I'm losing my sense of time. My internal clock. My comfortable schedule. Buuuut.... I'm gaining a lot, too.

My room is getting so nice. And my stuff is mostly either packed or ready to pack...and...
moving in a few days is going to be so much easier.

Today I have a 3 hour mowing job. If it weren't for the heat, I would joy in the solitude of mowing. Instead, I try to drink water and drink water and not get heatstroke. Probably I'll be up in the cool of night working and waiting for the heat of the day to wear off so I can sleep.

I think I'm going to move to Alaska.

2 comments:

Meg said...

Hi Millie Jo. I came by way of another blog and have enjoyed reading your posts. The last line of your entry reminds me so much of the children's book "Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day" Have you ever read it? He keeps saying "I think I'll move to Australia." Your post made me think of it and giggle so I thought I would say hi and thanks for the smiles! I hope your year at school is all you hope for. I know that the Lord will honor your desire to make His name known. I am excited to see your journey unfold! I am inspired by your faith! Blessings, Meg

Lizzy said...

Wow! You must be looking forward to getting this job done!! I bet it will be satisfying and very much worth it when you're through!! It is so refreshing to stand back and look at your neat, tidy, organized room after a big clear-out! Of course, it would be so much easier if it just stayed that way the whole time, so you didn't have to have the big clear-outs, but hey! seeing rooms just get that way, at least we get to have the satisfaction of the spick-and-span look after the work!! I hope all the rest of your sorting, organizing, packing and then moving goes well!!
God bless!!
In Christ,
Lizzy :o)