Is 59:19

So shall they fear the name of the LORD from the west, and his glory from the rising of the sun. When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the LORD shall lift up a standard against him. [or, shall put him to flight]

Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Fair Week

The Cheyenne County Fair is this week. For some people that means nothing, but for a 4-H family like us, those two words mean a lot.

A lot of work, that is. Some of it is rewarding. My work is to volunteer as the superintendent of the open fancy work dept. It is a job my grandmother did for years and years. Now that she is gone, somehow the work just fell to Cherokee and I. I think the best part of it all is having time to knit while I wait for people to bring entries in.

Mom's work is bigger. As our 4-H club leader, she has to organize and direct almost everything...or so it seems at times.

So...I'm off to clean tables and rot like that. Hopefully it will rain and bring us some relief from the tormenting heat.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally understand. I also know how much your mother appreciates you and will miss you come Aug 23rd.