Is 59:19

So shall they fear the name of the LORD from the west, and his glory from the rising of the sun. When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the LORD shall lift up a standard against him. [or, shall put him to flight]

Monday, August 6, 2007

Love Him Better

I get so frustrated with myself. Because I am stupid, that's why!

I do what I long to hate.

I long follow my Savior's desires. Every time I see Him again, I want to hate what He hates, and love what He loves.

But then my mind tricks me, because I forget to look to Him. I forget to adjust my thinking. I let the world seep in, or I just get lazy and start to act on my own, in my own strength. Then I fall. And then I hurt, because sin hurts, always. So why do I do it?

Why???

It's this flesh. Someday I'll be free of this flesh. For now, I have the pleasure of looking to Jesus to help me out of all my fleshly predicaments. He forgives me, heals me; He shows me the way.

And I know what to do next. It's all I need to know.

And I love Him.

His name is Jesus, Jesus
Sad hearts weep no more.
He has healed the broken hearted,
Opened wide the prison doors,
He is able to deliver ever more.

No comments: