Is 59:19

So shall they fear the name of the LORD from the west, and his glory from the rising of the sun. When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the LORD shall lift up a standard against him. [or, shall put him to flight]

Monday, August 20, 2007

Going Back

Everyone is feeling it. "Summer" is ending. Of course Summer still goes on, but for practical purposes, our summers are almost over. Many of my friends start school this week. I start next week.

So I am working on organizing my stuff. Cleaning, de-junking, throwing stuff out and packing what I need to keep: these are all things I have meant to do all summer, but find myself doing now at almost-the-last-minute.

It is refreshing, really, to bet getting back into things, to see my work rapidly approaching. I am excited about this coming semester. Because things are going to be so very different.

Last semester was hard. I tried to put a good face on it, to make the best of what I had, but in all honesty, I think last semester was the hardest semester so far.

I have changed so much this summer! I am not the same person I was last semester...not at all. Jesus has made me a new person. I'm new almost as if I was just new born, even though I have been in His family a long time. I think some people would call this a revival. I don't know what it is. I just know that the rest of my life is going to be different!

I'm putting Jesus, and knowing Him, and satisfying my need for Him above my commitments to school (and anything else!!). And I know my life is not about myself, but the sweet, satisfying joy of knowing my Creator.

I am so happy. Have I ever been this happy?! I think I can only be happier as I get closer to my Savior.

I can't wait to worship in eternity.

Till then I guess I'd better go pack.

Millie Jo

No comments: